- CAT Computers will respect the privacy of the Users and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- When registering on the Platform or signing- up as a User by completing the relevant User form, CAT Computers will require that Registered Users provide us with personal information.
- Should the Registered User’s personal information change, the Registered User shall inform CAT Computers and provide it with updates to his/her/its personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable CAT Computers to update such personal information.
- The Registered User may choose to provide additional personal information to CAT Computers, in which event the Registered User agrees to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
PURPOSE AND MANNER OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND USE
CAT Computers collects and processes personal data in accordance with the provisions of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), as amended and other regulations in force in the Republic of South Africa.
PRIVACY STATEMENT IN TERMS OF THE GDPR AND POPIA
Data will be collected for specified purposes of rendering the Services, record keeping, billing and for the purpose of generating various legal agreements and document relating to the Service for use and implementation by the Registered User.
The following data will be collected:
- The Registered User’s full name, South African Identity number/Registration Number (if applicable), Email address, Telephone Number, Mobile Number, Fax Number, Physical Address, Postal Address, Employment Status, Name of and Address of User’s employer (if applicable), IP address, non-personal browsing habits, Transactional information, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, click patterns and Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- In terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001, (“FICA”) as amended, CAT Computers is an accountable institution. Once the Registered User has engaged CAT Computers’ Services the Registered User will be expected to provide CAT Computers with the latest FICA documentation which once collected, and a mandate is signed, will be protected in terms of POPIA.
- As and when necessary, CAT Computers may electronically collect, store, disclose and/or use the personal information.
- Information collected from Registered Users is required only to compile, sell and deliver the Products and/or Services to the Registered Users and, save for User satisfaction contact or full resolution of any issue raised by CAT Computers, such information shall not be used for any other purpose without the Registered User’s prior consent.
- All information collected is kept strictly confidential and all reasonable steps are taken to ensure that information is secured in storage and ultimate destruction. It will not be shared with any third party without the prior written consent of the Registered User.
- CAT Computers shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Registered Users and is committed to respecting the privacy of the Registered User’s personal information. For the purpose of these T&C’s, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the POPIA. As and when necessary, CAT Computers may electronically collect, store, disclose and/or use the Registered User’s personal information.
- CAT Computers will ensure that all our employees, third-party service providers, (including their employees and third-party service providers) having access to the Registered User’s personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to the Registered User’s personal information and meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- The Registered User’s personal data will be hosted and stored in countries which might not have the adequacy decision of the European Union; other third-party contractors may have access to your data only for the purpose specified herein and the access of such third parties is strictly controlled.
- Whenever CAT Computers is sending data to countries that are not providing the same level of protection as the EU’s GDPR, CAT Computers will use appropriate safeguards to protect the Registered User’s personal data, including but not limited to Standard Contractual Clauses for Processors.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
CAT Computers collects stores and uses the information details provided by you on registration together with the information we learn about you from your use of our products or services and the transactions you undertake when visiting our stores and website in order to:
- Communicate requested information to Registered Users;
- Respond to queries, responses or complaints submitted by Registered Users;
- Process orders or applications for CAT Computers Products and/or services including ensuring that any goods you purchase online are delivered to the correct address and, if there are any issues, we are able to contact you or the order recipient to resolve the issue;
- Create Products or services that may meet the future requirements of Registered Users;
- Provide Registered Users with access to restricted pages on the Platform; and
- Compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the online services;
- Onboard a User for purposes of rendering the Services.
- We may collect additional information arising from your participation in promotions, events or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing forms. We make use of various data enhancement services to ensure that customer data is as accurate as possible. We also recruit new customers through collaborative campaigns with 3rd parties.
- personalize its service and make communications more relevant to individual customers. This includes direct marketing activities like promotional offers, news and information about products and services that we think will be of interest to customers.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
CAT Computers may further collect non-personal information, for example, the Registered User’s IP address, the date and time of their visits to the CAT Computers Platform, and browser history, to recognize the Registered User during any subsequent visits to the CAT Computers Platform and/or use of the online services. CAT Computers may further use this non-personal information to develop future Products and/or services to meet the Registered User’s requirements and needs.
CAT Computers owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by CAT Computers.
All Personal Information will be securely retained and only used to fulfil the purposes listed above. We will take appropriate, reasonable technical and organizational measures to prevent loss of, damage to, or unauthorized destruction and unlawful access to or processing of your personal information. This may include transfer of data outside of South Africa (due to the nature of our technologies being used). Information associated with your account will be kept until your Smart Shopper profile is deleted, unless we no longer provide the Service to you.
CAT Computers will not share the Registered User’s personal information outside of CAT Computers except in the following cases:
- With prior consent;
- With its employees and/or third-party service providers who assist with the Platform;
- When processing of information is necessary for the performance of a contract with the Registered User;
- When CAT Computers has a legal obligation to share the information;
- When the information is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Registered User or of another person;
- When the information is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested;
- When the information is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the CAT Computers or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the Registered User which require protection of personal data.
COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA BY OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES
The Platform contains content and may contain Links to third-party Platform, through which other Registered Users or third parties may gain authorised or unauthorised access to the Registered User’s personal data. These privacy policies do not apply to the collection, processing or use of personal data that the Registered User has communicated to other Registered Users and/or third parties. It is in the Registered User’s best interest to acquaint themselves with the rules of personal data protection, and the protection of privacy applied by other Registered Users and/or third parties.
MODIFICATION AND DELETION OF PERSONAL DATA
The Registered User is legally entitled to request modification or deletion of their personal data, or deletion from the Registered User database at any time. Modification or deletion of data shall be affected on the basis of an appropriate notice addressed to CAT Computers as outlined herein.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us via our website email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a group of data serving as the Registered User’s anonymous individual identifier that is sent to your browser by Platform. Cookies are sent when the Registered User accesses the Platform. They are stored on the Registered User’s computer and serve to record information about the Registered User’s subsequent online visits. Therefore, after a cookie has been stored on the Registered User’s computer every time the Registered User returns to the Platform, it shall look for the cookie in order to read the stored data.